Darwin's Ultimate Venue
where else can the scenery change around you whilst you relax and unwind?
Our catamarans as venues
- Our catamarans provide comfortable cushioned seating, ample shade and flat decks. This unique harbour venue allows you to sit back and experience cool sea breezes and enjoy precious time with family, friends, work colleagues and clients.
- Relax and take in the harbour’s natural beauty, while enjoying a cold beverage on one of our daytime, sunset, city lights sailing cruises. If you are really lucky you may encounter some harbour wildlife like dolphins or dugong.
- If you are interested in Darwin's early history, heritage points and ecology you can soon visit pages on our web site. We supplement this information by providing you with a complimentary history strip map on the cruise that shows where these points are along the harbour foreshore. Our crew are more than happy to chat with you and point out these harbour sights.
What we offer
- Sunset, daytime and city lights 2.5 to 3 hr ticketed sailing cruises
- Group bookings
- All ticketed and group cruises include nibbles with options of BBQ meal and free wine and mid strength beer
- Private charters including birthdays, wakes, weddings, hens and bucks cruises
- Specialist corporate cruises with guest presenters
Our flagship KURU
Kuru is a SeaWind 1160 Resort sailing catamaran that was specifically designed for the tourism market. It can seat up to 43 passengers.
Flat decks mean comfort
We humans like flat things to sit, lean on and walk on. A catamaran gives you lots of flat spaces making you and your shape comfortable.
The serenity of sailing
Some say they sail, we actually do! Our harbour route is governed by the wind. Obviously if there is no wind we cannot sail. This happens occasionally.
Kuru is a modern catamaran designed for tourism. Our flagship is licensed (AMSA 1D survey) to carry 43 passengers.
Cherry Pie, a Crowther Seafire is an older vessel. In 2017 we refurbished the vessel and provided more cushions and carpeted the deck for passenger comfort. Cherry Pie is very popular with many locals and is licensed to carry 21 passengers (AMSA 1D survey) and provides a more economical charter.
Whether its a ticket on one our of our regular cruises or a charter, our sailing catamarans provide you with an unique alternative social venue. The serenity of sailing on our catamarans comes with an experienced and professional crew who have been in Darwin many years.
Why Come With Us?
Some say they sail, we actually do!
Both Kuru and Cherry Pie are sailing catamarans and we like to sail whenever we can.
Our harbour route is governed by the wind. Obviously if there is no wind we cannot sail. This happens occasionally.
Chinese Market gardens near Doctors Gully . Goyders first camp
This new web site will eventually contain a lot more information about our history, heritage, ecology and culture.
At night Kuru has mood lighting as well as in the water blue lights. There is a stereo with sub woofer on board that you can connect to on charters. This unique and alternative harbour venue allows you to sit back and experience sea breezes and enjoy precious time with family, friends, work colleagues and clients.
Darwin harbour is a relatively pristine environment with a diverse number of marine species including dolphin, dugong, birdlife, turtles, crocodiles and many fish varieties. Many of the creeks, rivers and inlets are bordered by many species of Mangroves which also provide important habitat for animals and birds.