NT Government Roadmap to the New Normal
City of Darwin Cruises commitment is to adhere to:
1. physical distancing measures and
2. health and hygiene principles.
City of Darwin Cruises has created a COVID-19 and Flu Management Plan - click CDC COVID-19 and Flu Management Plan
To all our valued clients we are hoping that you are well and coping with these strange times. We have completed our City of Darwin Cruises 2020 Covid and flu Risk Management Plan along with submitting our Business checklist.
We have our 2 vessels Kuru and Cherry Pie ready to sail. During these different times please understand that we cannot operate as normal. We have had to modify our operations based on recommendations and guidelines from the Australian and NT government. Have a read of our Covid Management Plan. We will try to satisfy everybody's needs as best we can within these parameters. Give us a call to answer any questions you may have.
Key points from our plan
- Management of physical distancing
- Maintain a minimum space of 1.5 metres between you and other people that aren’t from your household.
- Maintain the minimum distance (1.5m) recommended between small groups of people on board.
- Customers will often be reminded that if they need to be facing another person (not from the same household) and closer than 1.5 metres apart, minimise contact to less than 15 minutes.
- General hygiene
- Hand sanitiser is provided for customers as they board the vessel.
- If the skipper has reason to think that a customer has a temperature, fever, cough and difficulty breathing or shows outward signs of illness, then he will advise that person they will be unable to board the vessel.
- We will promote hand and sneeze/ cough hygiene as well as advise where hand sanitisers are located on the vessel for all staff and customers.
- Our crew will not come to work sick or unwell.
- Frequently touched surfaces and objects will be cleaned prior to the vessel being used. (e.g.: tables, countertops, light switches, doorknobs, and cabinet handles) using a regular household detergent/bleach and water.
- Customers will be asked to provide a list of all persons booked for the cruise. This enables accurate follow up details should this ever be required.
- We will reduce cruises to the recommended 2 hours.
- We will recommend the social distancing of 1.5 m between different groups or bubbles. This may mean our capacity for each cruise may be different.
Until then stay safe and we look forward to your call or email
Give Les a call, 0428480090.
Charter Kuru or Cherry Pie privately for your own group of relatives, friends or work colleagues.
GROUP SHARED CRUISES
If you don’t have the numbers to hire a private cruise? No worries. Take this cruise and join up with a shared cruise and make new friends while enjoying our beautiful harbour. Call us about the daytime options.
SUNSET SHARED CRUISE
We require minimum numbers on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday during the week. We usually like to depart at 4:30pm from Cullen Bay Marina, this is the cruise everyone loves. We can tailor a cruise, especially for your group.
Nibbles with free drinks
Enjoy a 3 hour sunset cruise with nibbles and free drinks during the cruise from $99.00 pp. If you want to BYO drinks we can do the cruise with nibbles for $89 pp
Private charter Kuru
Kuru Charter Pricing 3hr cruise includes nibbles platter with byo eskies/drinks:
Fri Sat - 1 to 28 guests $1,850.00 incl gst, 29 to 43 guests $2000 incl gst, Sun to Thurs and daytime $1850 incl gst, 2.5 hr Citylights byo $1300 incl gst
Private charter Cherry Pie
3hr nibbles max 21 guests $1300 incl gst
2 hr BYO max 21 guests $990 incl gst
Get some info about Top End and Darwin history
We love our Top end history. Hit "Read More" to continue to our history page.
Our experience includes
- learn about catamaran "sailing"
- our harbour sailing route is governed by the wind and tide
- all ticketed and group cruises include nibbles with options of BBQ meal and free bottled wine and mid strength beer - group discounts
- experience a marina lock in action
- easy walk to our vessels, disability friendly
- enjoy a marina lock experience
- choice of many shops, restaurants and bars in Cullen Bay
- plenty of free parking
- easy walk to our vessels
- disability friendly
- taxi and Darwin Bus services close by
- NT heritage, local wildlife, ecology - you will be able to ask our crew or check our web site material before you come sailing.
- take away a complimentary our Harbour Strip Map click here to learn more
- during the cruise find the strip map harbour features or ask our friendly crew to point them out
- opportunity to see wildlife, mainly bottlenose dolphins, the rarer Snubfin Dolphin can be seen occasionally similar to the elusive Dugong.
- we provide a great venue for social gatherings to connect with friends, colleagues and family while exploring Darwin Harbour
- sailing can be interesting for the whole family – kids can have a go at steering
- our Kuru catamaran layout has many comfort features
- shade, plenty of room with cushioned seating,
- electric toilet,
- after dark mood lights including blue lights shining into the water
- a modern stereo with sub woofer, Bluetooth or cable connected
- easy access to chat with our friendly skipper and crew
- 360 degree views to enable you to appreciate Fannie Bay and Darwin harbour
- silent power using the sails
- enjoy our platters included on every ticketed cruise.
- Nibbles Menu - Two Cheeses, kabana, dip, biscuits, sundried tomatoes, carrot and celery sticks, olives, dried fruit, nuts
- BBQ Meal menu - Asian inspired beef and chicken skewers, piece of local fish, chilled tiger prawns, potato salad, green salad, with free bottled bubbles, white wine and mid strength beer.
- drinking water provided.