Ecosailing experiences with City of Darwin Cruises Pty Ltd wishes to pay our respects to the Traditional Owners, and their continuing connection to the lands and water on which we live and work, and acknowledge Elders past, present and future.
Who we are.
City of Darwin cruises (Eco sailing cruises) is a harbour tourism company delivering an unique ecosailing and history experience on our sailing catamarans. We showcase different history and heritage Harbour points of interest as well as the natural beauty of Darwin harbour.
Our crew will share snippets of scandal and intrigue about the foreshore’s many historic points of interest including: early cultural heritage; snippets of WWII harbour history; harbour ecology and maritime history.
Over many years we have been looking after the local market and we have been rewarded with returning business. We appreciate and value this local partnership and always welcome having a chat about how we can assist in providing one of our relaxing sunset / daytime sailing experiences.
If you would like more information about what we can do for locals, talk with Les on 0428480090.
Different experiences we provide.
The relaxing harbour experiences we provide are:
- sunset sailing cruise with nibbles and free drinks;
- sunset sailing with nibbles, bbq meal and free drinks;
- half day bbq lunch, fruit platter, history cruise with free drinks;
- end of the day city lights cruise with cheese platter and free drinks.
- Private charters, functions, team building Kuru 43 people, Cherry Pie 21 people
Where do we go?
We follow an unique tour route that is tightly linked to points of interest about the harbour's, WWII, early settlement, heritage and ecological attributes. This route is also subject to the wind and tides.
The journey for the half day tour is generally always the same, however at sunset when there is generally higher tide (tidal range can be from .5 - 7 m) and less breezes we have options of two routes.
Our cruises commence from Cullen Bay Marina, providing clients with an experience of a lock operation. When we depart the lock we motor into Fannie Bay then the harbour to raise sails.
Why cruise with us?
♥ Our vessels
- Plenty of shade, comfortable seating.
- Vessels designed for Tourism.
- 360 degree views, ideal for viewing wildlife.
- Close to crew.
- When sailing, small carbon footprint.
♥ Our tours
- A tour route that is tightly linked to points of interest about the harbour's WWII, early settlement heritage and ecological attributes.
- Guests can take away an informative strip map.
- Guests are able to chat with our friendly crew.
♥ Our business
- Ecotourism Australia accredited tours.
- Family business operating since 2002.
- Compliance with all regulations, annually.
- Contributing to the sustainability of our harbour.
- We value our partnership with locals.
♥ Our commitment
- Friendly relaxed place.
- Respect for everyones individuality, regardless of nationality, religion, orientation.
- Guide and assistance dog friendly.
- Wheel chair and disability friendly, with appropriate assistance.
What vessels do we use?
Since 2007 our sailing catamarans have been designed specially for tourism. The vessel design is modern and stable that allow cool tropical breezes to flow through a spacious shaded deck area.
Our vessels have comfortable cushioned seating, 360-views, and easy access to crew who are happy to chat.
Our new catamaran Kuru was launched in Vietnam on the 20 September 2016, will continue this tradition as a modern design with separate comfortable lounge areas.
This vessel will include a number of technology based features such as - amplified stereo, underwater lights, client wireless network, and usb charging ports.
There is a spacious and airy electric toilet on board.
We sometimes need to use our older vessel Cherry Pie which is an open and airy Crowther catamaran. We have done some work on Cherry Pie with a lifting paint job and the addition of more comfortable cushions for a relaxing sailing experience.
General Cruise Conditions
We, the operators have the right to cancel cruises as required. All cruises are subject to weather conditions. The skipper is responsible for the safety of everyone on board. Should any client seem to be unruly, disturbing other passengers or affected by excessive alcohol or drugs, and in the skippers opinion marine safety is compromised, the skipper has the authority to return to port and disembark the relevant client(s).
The skipper can refuse boarding for the cruise, if he considers the person is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and in his opinion may endanger the safety of himself, crew, the vessel or others.
Clients should confirm departure details 24 hours before departure Ph 0428480090
Prices may be subject to change without notice. Prices inc GST.
Children 5-17 years inclusive,
Cancellation of bookings with City of Darwin Cruises may result in cancellation fees being applied. You will be notified via email, facsimile or telephone of the total cancellation fees.
- Full cruise cost will be charged for non arrival.
- No cancellation fee greater than 7 days prior to travel.
- 30% cancellation fee 1 - 7 days prior to travel,
- 100% cancellation fee 24 hours or less prior to arrival.
- Cancellation fees may be wavered in legitimate medical circumstances or if cancelled by the operator
City of Darwin Cruises does not accept any responsibility for self injury, illness or the loss or damage to personal articles including baggage.