City of Darwin Cruises
Covid and Flu Plan 2020
NT Government Roadmap to the New Normal
City of Darwin Cruises commitment is to adhere to:
1. physical distancing measures and
2. health and hygiene principles.
City of Darwin Cruises has created a COVID-19 and Flu Management Plan - click CDC COVID-19 and Flu Management Plan
Important WHO health information posters
To all our valued clients we are hoping that you are well and coping with these strange times. We have completed our City of Darwin Cruises 2020 Covid and flu Risk Management Plan along with submitting our Business checklist.
We have our 2 vessels Kuru and Cherry Pie ready to sail. During these different times please understand that we cannot operate as normal. We have had to modify our operations based on recommendations and guidelines from the Australian and NT government. Have a read of our Covid Management Plan. We will try to satisfy everybody's needs as best we can within these parameters. Give us a call to answer any questions you may have.
Key points from our plan
- Management of physical distancing
- Maintain a minimum space of 1.5 metres between you and other people that aren’t from your household.
- Maintain the minimum distance (1.5m) recommended between small groups of people on board.
- Customers will often be reminded that if they need to be facing another person (not from the same household) and closer than 1.5 metres apart, minimise contact to less than 15 minutes.
- General hygiene
- Hand sanitiser is provided for customers as they board the vessel.
- If the skipper has reason to think that a customer has a temperature, fever, cough and difficulty breathing or shows outward signs of illness, then he will advise that person they will be unable to board the vessel.
- We will promote hand and sneeze/ cough hygiene as well as advise where hand sanitisers are located on the vessel for all staff and customers.
- Our crew will not come to work sick or unwell.
- Frequently touched surfaces and objects will be cleaned prior to the vessel being used. (e.g.: tables, countertops, light switches, doorknobs, and cabinet handles) using a regular household detergent/bleach and water.
- Customers will be asked to provide a list of all persons booked for the cruise. This enables accurate follow up details should this ever be required.
- We will reduce cruises to the recommended 2 hours.
- We will recommend the social distancing of 1.5 m between different groups or bubbles. This may mean our capacity for each cruise may be different.
Until then stay safe and we look forward to your call or email
Give Les a call, 0428480090.