Family friends work private charter
Family friends work private charter on one of our catamarans is the perfect platform to relax and enjoy the harbour with your close ones. Choose a vessel and time that suits your charter or function.
- Time slots – Daytime brunch 10am, lunch 1pm, sunset 4.30pm, City lights – relax after a dinner 7.30pm to 10pm.
- BYO eskies (drinks) most welcome, food options see below
- Weddings, birthdays, hens and bucks nights, family friends gatherings, workmates, spreading the family ashes and any other celebrations.
- Kids Parties – special rates for daytime kids parties – pirate map treasure hunts on the water or just dress up and have some fun.
- Team Building – organised or just a get together with the team.
KURU CHARTER (43 Seater)
Your sailing experience can include the following
- Find 6 or more friends, colleagues, work mates and charter Kuru to learn and see historic/interesting harbour points about the harbour early history and ecology. Like travellers, cruise ship and Ghan visitors, we can do a special morning/lunch charter for you.
- Corporate Charters – Northern Australia heritage, WW2 orientation cruise – WW2 harbour history, indigenous cultural awareness, themed cruise with consultant – history of Top End development suitable for US and Australian Defence Forces.
- Private Board Room on the Water, reward your staff, convention groups – catering available
- Primary Education school groups where cruises meet the curriculum for grades 3, 4, 5, 6 – history, science, geography.
3 hour Private Charter – Friday, Saturday
- With nibbles 43 people max $2000 incl gst - book in the booking calendar
3 hour Private Charter – Sunday to Thursday
- With nibbles 43 people max $1800 incl gst.
Extra time $450 ph – Food options available see below
CHERRY PIE CHARTER (21 seater)
Your sailing experience can include can include the following:
- BYO drinks welcome, food options see below
Weddings, birthdays, hens and bucks nights, family friends gatherings, workmates, spreading the family ashes and any other celebrations.
2.5 hr charter Cherry Pie byo,
- max 21 people $950
3 hr charter Cherry Pie incl nibbles byo drinks
- max 21 people $1100
Extra time - $350 ph
Private charter food menu (in addition to boat charter)
Examples of our food options
Cheese, kabana, dip, biscuits, sun dried tomatoes, carrot and celery sticks, dried fruit, nuts and olives.
Chicken in a boat - $15 pp
Cold bbq chicken, coleslaw salad, pull apart bread.
Lunch Cruise - $25 pp
Cold bbq chicken, chilled tiger prawns, coleslaw, bread roll or pull apart bread.
Followed by in season fruit platter.
BBQ meal - $30 pp
"Gucci Option" - $50 pp
(a) nibbles plate
(b) seafood platter entree of tiger prawns wrapped in prosciutto, Thai style and natural oysters, Territory caught fish with a native lemon myrtle butter, chilled tiger prawns
(c) main course Asian inspired beef and chicken skewer green salad, pull apart bread
(d) cheesecake or fruit platter
General Charter Conditions
The skipper is responsible for the safety of everyone on board. Should any client seem to be unruly, disturbing other passengers or affected by excessive alcohol or drugs, and in the skippers opinion marine safety is compromised, the skipper has the authority to return to port and disembark the relevant client(s).
The skipper can refuse boarding for the cruise, if he considers the person is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and in his opinion may endanger the safety of himself, crew, the vessel or others.
Cancellation of bookings with City of Darwin Cruises may result in cancellation fees being applied. You will be notified via email, facsimile or telephone of the total cancellation fees.
- Full cruise cost will be charged for non arrival.
- No cancellation fee greater than 7 days prior to travel.
- 30% cancellation fee 1 - 7 days prior to travel,
- 100% cancellation fee 24 hours or less prior to arrival.
- Cancellation fees may be wavered in legitimate medical circumstances or if cancelled by the operator
City of Darwin Cruises does not accept any responsibility for self injury, illness or the loss or damage to personal articles including baggage.