Eco sailing and history experience
Who are we?
We are a harbour tourism company delivering an unique eco sailing and history experience on our sailing catamaran. We showcase important history and heritage points plus the natural beauty of Darwin harbour.
Our crew will share snippets of scandal and intrigue about the foreshore’s many historic points of interest including: Northern Australia’s indigenous and colonial heritage; snippets of WWII harbour history; and maritime history.
Over many years we have been looking after the local market and we have been rewarded by returning business. We appreciate and value this local partnership and always welcome having a chat about how we can assist in providing one of our relaxing sunset / daytime sailing experiences.
If you would like to contact Les on 0428480090, he will help get you out on one of our experiences.
What cruise experiences do we provide?
Where do we go?
We follow a tour route that is tightly linked to points of interest about the harbour's ecological attributes, WWII, early settlement and heritage. This route is also subject to the wind and tides.
The journey for the half day tour is generally always the same, however at sunset when there is more tide (tidal range can be from .5 - 7 m) and less breezes we have options of two routes.
Our cruises commence from Cullen Bay Marina, providing clients with an experience of a lock operation. When we depart the lock we motor into Fannie Bay then the harbour.
Why cruise with us?
♥ Our vessels
- Plenty of shade, comfortable seating.
- 360 degree views, ideal for viewing wildlife.
- Close to crew.
- When sailing, small carbon footprint.
♥ Our tours
- A tour route that is tightly linked to points of interest about the harbour's ecological attributes, WWII, early settlement and heritage.
- Guests can take away an informative strip map.
- Guests are able to chat with our friendly crew.
♥ Our business
- Ecotourism Australia accredited tours.
- Family business operating since 2002.
- Compliance with all regulations, annually.
- Contributing to the sustainability of our harbour.
- We value our partnership with locals.
♥ Our commitment
- Friendly relaxed place.
- Respect for individuals regardless of nationality, religion, orientation.
- Guide and assistance dog friendly.
- Wheel chair and disability friendly.
What type of vessels do we use?
Since 2007 our sailing catamarans have been designed for tourism. The vessel design is modern and stable that allow cool breezes to flow through the spacious shaded deck area.
This includes comfortable cushioned seating, 360-views, and easy access to crew who are happy to chat.
Our new catamaran Kuru to be launched August 2016, will continue this tradition as a modern design with three separate comfortable lounge areas.
This vessel will include a number of technology based features such as - amplified stereo, underwater lights, client wireless network, interpretive screen, and usb charging ports.
There is an electric toilet on board.