Ecosailing experiences with some history
Ecosailing experiences, a part of City of Darwin Cruises Pty Ltd wishes to pay our respects to the Traditional Owners, and their continuing connection to the lands and water on which we live and work, and acknowledge Elders past, present and future.
Who we are?
City of Darwin cruises (Eco sailing cruises) is a harbour tourism company delivering an unique eco sailing and history experience on our sailing catamaran. We showcase important history and heritage points plus the natural beauty of Darwin harbour.
Our crew will share snippets of scandal and intrigue about the foreshore’s many historic points of interest including: Northern Australia’s indigenous and colonial heritage; snippets of WWII harbour history; and maritime history.
Over many years we have been looking after the local market and we have been rewarded by returning business. We appreciate and value this local partnership and always welcome having a chat about how we can assist in providing one of our relaxing sunset / daytime sailing experiences.
If you would like to contact Les on 0428480090, he will help get you out on one of our experiences.
Ecosailing experiences we provide?
The City of Darwin Cruises Brochure
Where do we go?
We follow a tour route that is tightly linked to points of interest about the harbour's ecological attributes, WWII, early settlement and heritage. This route is also subject to the wind and tides.
The journey for the half day tour is generally always the same, however at sunset when there is more tide (tidal range can be from .5 - 7 m) and less breezes we have options of two routes.
Our cruises commence from Cullen Bay Marina, providing clients with an experience of a lock operation. When we depart the lock we motor into Fannie Bay then the harbour.
Why cruise with us?
♥ Our vessels
- Plenty of shade, comfortable seating.
- 360 degree views, ideal for viewing wildlife.
- Close to crew.
- When sailing, small carbon footprint.
♥ Our tours
- A tour route that is tightly linked to points of interest about the harbour's ecological attributes, WWII, early settlement and heritage.
- Guests can take away an informative strip map.
- Guests are able to chat with our friendly crew.
♥ Our business
- Ecotourism Australia accredited tours.
- Family business operating since 2002.
- Compliance with all regulations, annually.
- Contributing to the sustainability of our harbour.
- We value our partnership with locals.
♥ Our commitment
- Friendly relaxed place.
- Respect for individuals regardless of nationality, religion, orientation.
- Guide and assistance dog friendly.
- Wheel chair and disability friendly.
What type of vessels do we use?
Since 2007 our sailing catamarans have been designed for tourism. The vessel design is modern and stable that allow cool breezes to flow through the spacious shaded deck area.
This includes comfortable cushioned seating, 360-views, and easy access to crew who are happy to chat.
Our new catamaran Kuru was launched in Vietnam on the 20 September 2016, will continue this tradition as a modern design with three separate comfortable lounge areas.
This vessel will include a number of technology based features such as - amplified stereo, underwater lights, client wireless network, interpretive screen, and usb charging ports.
There is an electric toilet on board.
General Cruise Conditions
We, the operators have the right to cancel cruises as required. All cruises are subject to weather conditions. The skipper is responsible for the safety of everyone on board. Should any client seem to be unruly, disturbing other passengers or affected by excessive alcohol or drugs, and in the skippers opinion marine safety is compromised, the skipper has the authority to return to port and disembark the relevant client(s).
The skipper can refuse boarding for the cruise, if he considers the person is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and in his opinion may endanger the safety of himself, crew, the vessel or others.
Clients should confirm departure details 24 hours before departure Ph 0428480090
Prices may be subject to change without notice. Prices inc GST.
Children 5-17 years inclusive,
Cancellation of bookings with City of Darwin Cruises may result in cancellation fees being applied. You will be notified via email, facsimile or telephone of the total cancellation fees.
- Full cruise cost will be charged for non arrival.
- No cancellation fee greater than 7 days prior to travel.
- 30% cancellation fee 1 - 7 days prior to travel,
- 100% cancellation fee 24 hours or less prior to arrival.
- Cancellation fees may be wavered in legitimate medical circumstances or if cancelled by the operator
City of Darwin Cruises does not accept any responsibility for self injury, illness or the loss or damage to personal articles including baggage.